Wednesday, September 19, 2007

dog vs. dog!! i've got a bone to pick...

...with L. this bone teasing saga has got to end. i was sleeping soundly on my sweet, second choice bed (the one in mom& dad's room - the one *lacking* memory foam, unlike mushu's new bed!). L. was...well, i don't really know, but she was giving me some space.

mom gave a bone call & we ran to the point verge...the kitchen pantry door! you know L.'s whole teasing story, so i won't bore you with the details of how this time usually goes. but, as ususal, i *ate* my bone. i ambled back to the lofty viewing area also known as mom & dad's room, giving my best "i would like to sun on the deck eyes." mom - who *gets* me - complied & used her opposible thumbs to open the deck door.

aaaaahhhhh...the sun & a full tummy. heavy. dog. sigh. peace at last - but not for long. in short order i hear the click-click-click of L.'s high hound fashion walk. a quick glance reveals her choice landing...the dog cushion with bone-in-mouth.

ok, so yet again, she is in the tease mode. i am torn.

i am outside.

the bone is in full view.

inside.

i want in!!!

mom sees my longing (but does she *know*??)...& she graciously opens the door. uh oh. first dog dilemma of the day...there is the deck door... & directly in front of it is the bed in all its length.

the path to anything leads by the bone. i must walk around the bed. i must walk within INCHES of the coveted bone. i must walk within INCHES of L. L. is instantly on high dog-stalker alert. the growling begins. the canines are bared...

i want OUT!!!

i want my BATHTUB!!!!

mom catches the drama & laughs...she laughs, people! where is the love?!?

so here i am stuck at the closed door with nowhere to go...i am not allowed on the precious people bed. L. will tear me limb-from-limb if i take one more step in her direction...what do i do????

mom, my best ally, is getting hysterical with laughter - she does know! this is not funny! over the bed?? (mom?) run by L., fast??(L.??) bed? L.? i'm dead...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! BWAHHHAHAHA BWAHAHA!!!

finally i make my move...mom is so much nicer than L. & it's over the bed i go, tail between my labrador legs...

my oh my oh my! forget the milk bone, i just want to save my hide. besides, mom is laughing waaaaaaay too hard to be effective at anything, let alone scold poor me for a split second of time on people furniture! i'm safe. i'm outta here! not funny...mom.
phil - 0 L. - 1

8 comments:

MommaBoo said...

heehee

I really enjoyed this post.

(((your babies)))

MommaBoo said...

BTW, I have an award for you over on my blog. It'll be up in a sec.

Run go and get it, you deserving blogger you!


Post it where you will....

qualcosa di bello said...

jennie...you are a sweet girl! my babies & i always enjoy your visits :)

Sunflower said...

hehe

qualcosa di bello said...

SF...thanks for filling in with those early mornings!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Poor Phil! Always the short end of the bone ;)

Leslie said...

Now, THIS is really my sort of blog. Not everyone understands the relationship I have with my dogs. They are my fur kids, and boy, are they spoiled! Phil reminds me a little of my Scout. She is of questionable parentage though. Something with ears and tail up and also the opposite!

A Slice of My Life said...

Don't worry Phil...your day will come!