Saturday, September 20, 2008

an important message from phil & L...

hey you...yeah, you out there!...do you know what today is?? well, thanks to one of mom's she who blogs buddies, callista, we do! it is puppy mill awareness day. as rescued dogs, we are begging you that the next time you would like to add a member of the canine species to your family, instead of looking in a pet store, please consider visiting your local animal shelter.so many of us find ourselves in a new home as a cute puppy, but then, as we grow, the owners are less and less attentive to us. sometimes we aren't quite what the owner was looking for. sometimes our owners have to move to a place where we are no longer welcome. & sometimes, our owners die. no matter...we need you & your loving home!!L. was in sad circumstances two times before finally coming to her cushy alpha female position in our home. her first "family" didn't want her as she grew, & she was banished to the outside on a chain. eventually, her sad howls drove the owners crazy (good thing!) & she was put up for adoption. her next family was a very loving one, but within 6 short months one of the children had such severe allergies that L. had to go...again. now, 7+ years later she is mistress of the dog bed & all things meat.me...well, you can read my story here. mom says that she doesn't understand how someone can just decide you aren't right for them anymore. but that is ancient history for me!! i am almost 5 years in my little piece of sunlight for napping with biscuits & football tosses galore!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the message and also for sharing your story.

I am glad that your human mom found you...you seem to live like a prince now:)

Oh...did you read my Prince Charming post? Bet you didn't...come over some time...we could share a bone or two.

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi

Anonymous said...

Phil, You lucked out mate. My humans don't even let me have my own blog. Can you believe it!

Moreover, even though I'm a Lord, they call me Mr, or Private! (No respect.)

I wanted to tell you that your message came over LOUD AND CLEAR and I was just about to say more when my female human saw the links I was clicking on and got too upset.

So, thanks for your message, Phil,

Lord Byron.
(Please note: that's LORD Byron.)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two have good homes now. Go give your mom kisses.

Anonymous said...

Love your little doggy blog!! Dogs are people too and it is high time someone recognized that!! I've always wanted a little hedgie. So sorry he had to leave....

KAREN EILEEN

Anonymous said...

great photos!

-jeanne