Thursday, December 6, 2007

'tis the season!

this week mom said the hallowe'en/fall/thanksgiving thing was passed & so i figured any remnants of that season could be put to more practical use...say polishing my canines & whatnot.
apparently it was more like...WHAT?!?! NOT!!!!!
that is what mom said when she saw what i found...a left-over squash! her idea of "break it down & put it away" did not include chewing it to bits all over the carpet. but hey...it had the potential to last longer than a biscuit!

so, you might be asking yourself, what happened to ol' phil after he was caught gnawing the squash? well, let me tell you...

mom is big on the distraction game. i have what she does not want me to have. she procures something that i want even more, waves it in front of my face & i forget what i wanted in the first place. you follow??

usually it's food. but today she tried the season change bait-and-switch routine with me. it worked. for a minute. until i realized that some things are even more lame than gnawing on a squash.
think: faux reindeer antlers on a dog!
first, she sent Little Man in with these vibrant red jingle-bell-y things. i'm all ears! he starts waving them around in all their glorious redness. i forget the squash. (mom nabs it at that moment.) next thing i know, i am *wearing* this pathetic fashion statement from the dollar store. ok. i admit i like red. but on antlers?? on me??
and then she expects me to pose for photos??? i would rather a swift whack with a rolled newspaper, but no! i have to *pose* all nicey nice. hmphf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in other dog news...L. is well! that's right...she's not only well, she's downright L-egant, primping & fixing her look for the season...

4 comments:

Frances D said...

I just love checking in on this blog.
Give the pups a hug for me.
Bloglove,
Frances

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I used to have a pair of antlers for my former dog Maverick. In fact, one of the few photos from home that I have here is him with them on--funny the things that make the cut!

So glad to hear L is better. Those ears are fabulous!

Kathleen said...

LOL that's funny!!

Kerith Collins said...

those antler ears are sssssooooo cute!
kerith
http://momdumchronicles.blogspot.com